Cameroon, country of origin of our President and Founder Sarah HANFFOU, was Ping sans Frontières’ first zone of intervention.
Since 2007, five field missions have being held and lead to the outcome of various projects:
The MIMBOBAN center in Yaoundé
From June 2007 to January 2012, PSF worked in collaboration with the organization AC PRODIH, which takes care of underprivileged children following 3 themes:
- Education: educating children about health and societal themes.
- Reintegration: young children built nine handcraft tables.
- Children blossoming through table tennis.
Three young girls who discovered table tennis in this center joined the Cameroonian national team in their respective categories !
Partnership with the Cameroonian table tennis federation
Since 2008, Ping sans Frontières supports the federation in its table tennis development program :
- 2008: coach training and organisation of a training camp for players (3 weeks)
- 2009: Organisation of a training camp for players (10 days)
- 2012: Campaign to promote table tennis: demonstration, introduction to table tennis, and donation of equipment (2 weeks).
In 2016, after the evaluation of our partnership and actions in Cameroon, we agreed to redirect our actions.
From now on, our support is essentially geared towards the Club of Lamido Ping, located in Ngaoundere, in the region of “l’Adamaoua”.
This club was founded by Hervé, who was trained by PING SANS FRONTIÈRES, within the spirit of the association: table tennis for all and table tennis as an educational tool.
More information is available on the club’s website: http://www.lamidoping.org