This program aims to develop table tennis in sensitive urban areas for underprivileged kids in France.
The goals of the program are both individuals and collective:
- Promote the accessibility to practice table tennis for the ones who are impoverished;
- Create social link in sensitive urban areas and so break communitarians barriers;
- Instil the values of civic rights to the children concurrently with the sport;
- Facilitate their integration into society by encouraging them to join a club.
The pilot project of this program will take place from February to August 2015 in underprivileged neighbourhoods of the east of Paris (11, 13, 19 and 20th districts) where is located our head office. It will then be extended to other popular areas in the upcoming school years.
The program will be divided through a set of actions:
- Organisation of beginner’s sessions and awareness workshops about civic rights. This will be organised with our partner associations specialised in this field.
- Educator training and equipment’s donation to our partner associations so that the learning of table tennis can continue beyond our interventions.
- Organisation of the World Table Tennis Day on the 6 of April. The beneficiaries of the program will have the opportunity to attend a training directed by the club of their district, participate to a tournament and meet champions;
- Host of the children in their district club at preferential membership conditions where they can continue to learn table tennis in a structured place and meet people from other social backgrounds.