Ping pour Elles is a new PING SANS FRONTIÈRES project dedicated to female practice. The main goal of this project is to develop a program dedicated to the practice of table tennis for women and girls, to boost the rate of women playing table tennis and their involvement in activities within associations.
This program has several objectives:
- BOOSTING THE ACCESS FOR WOMEN IN TABLE TENNIS
There are less licensed female players than male players and that gap keeps getting bigger when the players are get older. We aim to find an alternative way of playing table tennis so that women and girls are more involved during our promotional and local events.
- MEETING THE NEEDS OF EACH OF THEM AND PROMOTING DIVERSITY
The female audience is more attracted to leisure table tennis. Our goal is to offer the best activities possible for them to participate on a regular basis but also in the long run.
- INITIATING WOMEN AND GILRS TO THE VALUES OF TABLE TENNIS
“PING POUR ELLES” is the premier open door for women and girls willing to start table tennis. We will help the ones wishing to practice table tennis on a regular basis to find a club affiliated to the French Table Tennis Federation (FFTT)
Accordingly, supporting our new program “Ping Pour Elles” means:
- Provide more access to female practice, especially targeting girls and women in the underprivileged communities.
- Bringing sport to girls and women to motivate them to play in a club. Thanks to our partnerships and our partnered clubs, subsidised subscriptions will be offered.
- Encouraging the practice of sport on a regular basis through table tennis and involving women in clubs or association projects.
In order to implement the ‘Ping Pour ells Program’, several actions have already been set up:
- Linking “Ping Pour Elles” to some actions already put into place with the program “Ping Dans Ta Cité”.
- Table tennis initiation days
- Table Tennis promotional events dedicated to women.
- Involvement of women into the organisation of our events.
- Women participation to association responsibilities.
During this season 2016/2017, several events have been organised such as:
- An internship weekend for the female players of TTGF Angouleme club and other licensed players of Charente County.
- A table tennis initiation day for women and children of the Chevaleret community in the 13th district of Paris.
- A second table tennis initiation day in conjunction with the Julien Lacroix Table Tennis club, in the 19th district of Paris attracting girls from schools and colleges from Priority Education Zones.